This post is also available in: Deutsch
This no bake chocolate cheesecake is creamy, chocolaty, rich and so delicious. This recipe is quick to make, requires only 6 ingredients and little time.
The filling is made of chocolate spread, dark chocolate, soy cream-cheese, coconut yogurt and a pinch of salt. It's silky, creamy and perfectly sweet.
The crust is made of vegan butter, oreo cookies and a pinch of salt. It's crunchy and irresistible.
To make it even more decadent you can top this chocolate cheesecake with berries, more chocolate spread, whipped cream or any topping of your liking. The result will be an extra creamy cheesecake that will literally blow your tastebuds!
Before you jump into the kitchen to make this recipe I suggest you read this blog-post carefully. This recipe is easy but there are some tricks to follow.
To make this vegan chocolate cheesecake you only need the following ingredients:
- soy cream-cheese
- dark chocolate
- nutella (I don't use the traditional one but my homemade version click here to check it out)
- coconut yogurt
- oreo cookies
- salt (I forgot the margarine in the picture below)
I know lots of people need to substitute ingredients (which I don't always recommend since every ingredient might change the texture and/or flavor of the food you're making) so here you have some tips on how to substitute some ingredients of this chocolate cheesecake.
- Soy cream-cheese: Can be substituted with any plain vegan cream cheese.
- Nutella: Instead of the traditional one I use my super creamy and delish homemade nutella, click here to check out the recipe. If you don't have time to make your own, you can use any kind of vegan chocolate spread that gets hard once cold (this is very important since it gives structure to the filling!).
- Coconut yogurt: Can be substituted with any creamy (and not too watery!) plain vegan yogurt. I prefer using coconut yogurt because it tends to be firmer and creamier than chickpea- or soy-yogurt. If you don't want to use it because of its flavor, be aware that the nutella filling doesn't taste like coconut at all.
- Oreo cookies: Instead of oreo cookies you can use vegan digestive cookies.
The oreo crust is super delish! To make it, you only have to place the cookies and 1 tablespoon of margarine into a food-processor and process until finely ground. Then you press the mixture onto the bottom of a Ø 18 cm (7" inches) springform and the crust is ready!
The chocolate filling is to die for! It's creamy, perfectly sweet and extra chocolaty! In one word: Yummy! To make it you only have to place all the ingredients into a food-processor and process until smooth and creamy (yes it's that easy!).
For this cheesecake I used a Ø 18 cm (7" inches) springform, if you prefer using a Ø 22 cm (9" inches) springform, you can do it. Just make ⅓ more crust and batter.
I topped my no bake chocolate cheesecake with cacao powder & berries. The cacao powder makes it look fancy while the berries give some freshness to it.
The cheesecake also tastes amazing topped with coconut whipped cream (this is normally my favorite topping but I ran out of coconut milk this time around), click here to see how to make coconut whipped cream like a pro.
How to store
You can either store the vegan cheesecake in the fridge or freezer (depending on how long you want to store it for).
Fridge: Place the cheesecake in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for up to for 3-4 days.
Freezer: Wrap the cake in cling film, either whole or by the slice, and place in an airtight container. This will prevent it from absorbing flavors from other food in the freezer. You can store the cake in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw completely before serving.
More Delicious Desserts
- Italian Custart Tart (Torta della Nonna)
- Super Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Extra Fudgy Vegan Butter Beans Brownies
Have You Tried This Recipe?
If you try this recipe for no bake chocolate cheesecake, let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #carlocao or #vegaliciously on Instagram!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here 😌
No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
- 120 g oreo cookies ((4¼ oz))
- 30 g margarine ((1 oz))
- 100 g dark chocolate melted ((3½ oz))
- 200 g homemade nutella ((7 oz))
- 300 g soy cream cheese ((10½ oz))
- 300 g coconut yogurt ((10½ oz))
- 1 pinch of salt
- Line a Ø 18 cm (7" inches) springform with baking paper.
- Place oreos and margarine into a food-processor and process until finely ground.
- Press onto the bottom of the springform, refrigerate.
- Add chocolate, nutella,soy cream, yogurt and salt to your food-processor and process until creamy.
- our over the crust and spread evenly.
- Allow to rest in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
- (Optional) Before serving, top with cacao powder & berries. Enjoy!