Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf: Deutsch
This recipe for no bake chocolate cheesecake is perfection on so many levels, I don't even know where to start. I've been making it for years and now it's time for me to share it with you foodies.
The recipe is super easy to make: Requires about 20 minutes of your time and only 7 ingredients (6 if you don't count salt). The result is an extra creamy no bake chocolate cheesecake that will literally blow your tastebuds!
For this vegan no bake chocolate cheesecake you only need few ingredients: soy cream-cheese, dark chocolate, nutella (I don't use the traditional one but this one), coconut yogurt, oreo cookies, margarine & salt (I forgot the margarine in the picture below).
I know lots of people love to substitute ingredients (which I don't always recommend since every ingredient might change the texture and/or flavor of the food you're making) so here you have some tips on how to substitute the main ingredients of this cheesecake.
- Soy cream-cheese: Can be substituted with any plain vegan cream cheese.
- Nutella: Instead of the traditional one I use my super creamy and delish homemade nutella, click here to check out the recipe. If you don't have time to make your own, you can use any kind of vegan chocolate spread that gets hard once cold (this is very important since it gives structure to the filling!).
- Coconut yogurt: Can be substituted with any creamy (and not too watery!) plain vegan yogurt. I prefer using coconut yogurt because it tends to be firmer and creamier than chickpea- or soy-yogurt. If you don't want to use it because of its flavor, be aware that the nutella filling doesn't taste like coconut at all.
- Oreo cookies: Instead of oreo cookies you can use vegan digestive cookies.
The oreo crust is super delish! To make it, you only have to place the cookies and 1 tablespoon of margarine into a food-processor and process until finely ground. Then you press the mixture onto the bottom of a Ø 18 cm (7" inches) springform and the crust is ready!
The chocolate filling is to die for! It's creamy, perfectly sweet and extra chocolaty! In one word: Yummy! To make it you only have to place all the ingredients into a food-processor and process until smooth and creamy (yes it's that easy!).
For this cheesecake I used a Ø 18 cm (7" inches) springform, if you prefer using a Ø 22 cm (9" inches) springform, you can do it. Just make ⅓ more crust and batter.
I topped my no bake chocolate cheesecake with cacao powder & berries. The cacao powder makes it look fancy while the berries give some freshness to it.
The cheesecake also tastes amazing topped with coconut whipped cream (this is normally my favorite topping but I ran out of coconut milk this time around), click here to see how to make coconut whipped cream like a pro.
How To Store The No Bake Chocolate Cheesecake
You can either store the vegan cheesecake in the fridge or freezer (depending on how long you want to store it for).
Fridge: Place the cheesecake in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap and keep in the fridge for up to for 3-4 days.
Freezer: Wrap the cake in cling film, either whole or by the slice, and place in an airtight container. This will prevent it from absorbing flavors from other food in the freezer. You can store the cake in the freezer for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw completely before serving.
More Delicious Desserts
- Italian Custart Tart (Torta della Nonna)
- Super Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Extra Fudgy Vegan Butter Beans Brownies
Have You Tried This Recipe?
If you try this recipe for no bake chocolate cheesecake, let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #carlocao or #vegaliciously on Instagram!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here 😌