This post is also available in: Deutsch
Are you looking for a recipe for a pistachio dessert? Then I have the perfect recipe for you! This vegan pistachio cheesecake is the real deal. It requires only 6 ingredients and 30 minutes of your precious time to make it!
The crust is made of oatmeal cookies and vegetable butter. Once cool it gets super nice and crunchy.
The pistachio filling, on the other hand, is made of oat cream-cheese, pistachio butter, vegan white chocolate and whipped cream. Just 4 ingredients that mixed together create a super creamy and delicious pistachio cream!
To make the cheesecake even more luscious we top it with a pistachio butter and white chocolate ganache. The result is a dessert that will leave everyone speechless!
Before you get in the kitchen to make this recipe I suggest you read this blog-post carefully. The recipe is simple but there are a few steps to consider while making it.
- Pistachio butter
- Vegan cream-cheese
- Vegan white chocolate
- Step 1: Make the cookie crust
- Step 2: Make the filling
- Step 3: Let the cheesecake rest
- Step 4: Make the ganache
- Step 5: Serve it
- How to store leftover pistachio cheesecake
- How to adapt the recipe if my cake tin is bigger
- Make ahead option
- Other cheesecake recipes you might like:
- 📖 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
As I mentioned above, you'll only need a few ingredients to make this cheesecake. For this reason, I recommend using high-quality ingredients.
Let's look now at what we will need to make this vegan pistachio cheesecake.
- vegan oat cookies
- vegan butter
- oat, almond or soy cream cheese
- vegan white chocolate
- vegan whipped cream
- pistachio butter
Pistachio butter is the main ingredient in this recipe and is nothing more than pistachios ground into a cream.
Many people on the internet tend to confuse it with pistachio cream which is instead made with pistachio butter mixed with white chocolate and sugar.
You can buy pistachio butter in some supermarkets but it tends to be super expensive. For this reason I recommend making it at home.
To make it, simply shell 400g (14 oz) of pistachios, toast them in a preheated oven at 180 °C (360 °F) for 7-8 minutes, let them cool, and then grind them in a high-speed blender until they turn into a smooth cream.
Vegan cream-cheese is the base of the filling of our pistachio cheesecake.
There are a lot of vegan cream-cheese on the market and they all work well. The only thing you need to pay attention to is to buy plain cream-cheese, that is not too salty and has a nice thick consistency.
In my e-book you will also find the recipe to make it at home.
Vegan white chocolate
White chocolate is a very important ingredient for this cheesecake, in fact it's what makes the cheesecake stable and creamy at the same time.
These days it's getting easier and easier to find vegan white chocolate made with rice milk. If your local supermarket doesn't have it, I recommend buying it online.
In case you do not find it anywhere you can try to substitute it by using cocoa butter. The result should be similar.
Step 1: Make the cookie crust
We start making the cheesecake by making the cookie crust.
To make it we start by putting the cookies in a food-processor, grind them finely, add the melted butter, mix well and spread the mixture on the bottom of a cake tin with a circumference of 20 cm (8'').
Then we place the cake tin in the freezer and start making the pistachio filling.
Step 2: Make the filling
To make the filling we start by adding cream cheese and pistachio butter into a bowl.
Then using a hand mixer or a spatula we mix until combined.
Next we add the melted white chocolate and mix until incorporated.
Finally, once the cream is smooth and glossy we can pour it onto the cookie crust and smooth it out using a spoon.
Step 3: Let the cheesecake rest
Once the filling has been smoothed out, we can place the cheesecake into the fridge and allow it to rest for at least 4-5 hours or overnight.
Step 4: Make the ganache
The ganache can be added before or after placing the cheesecake in the refrigerator to rest.
I personally prefer to add it after, once the cake tin is removed, so that I can let the ganache fall from the sides making the cheesecake look fancier (to me at least ;)).
To make the ganache we add cream, pistachio butter and white chocolate to a bowl and heat in a bain-marie, stirring occasionally. Once we get a lump-free cream we can pour it over the cheesecake.
To add an extra touch I decorated my cheesecake with ground pistachios. This step is totally optional though.
Step 5: Serve it
Once the cheesecake has rested and it's totally firm we can take it out of the fridge (remove the cake tin if you haven't done it yet), cut it into slices and serve it right away.
How to store leftover pistachio cheesecake
You can store this vegan pistachio cheesecake either in the fridge or in the freezer (depending on how long you want to keep it).
- Refrigerator: place the cheesecake in an airtight container or cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezer: wrap the cheesecake in portions in plastic wrap, place in an airtight container and place in the freezer. You can keep it in the freezer for up to 1 month. Before serving, let it thaw completely in the refrigerator.
How to adapt the recipe if my cake tin is bigger
For this recipe I used an 20cm (8'') cake tin.
I always use this mold because it's enough for 8-10 servings and it allows me to make tall cheesecakes without having to buy loads of ingredients. So if you don't have an 20 cm (8'') mold, I suggest you buy one :).
That being said, if you have a 22 cm (8 ½'') cake tin, increase the ingredients by 20% and if you're using an 24 cm (9 ½'') cake tin, increase them by 40%.
Make ahead option
This cheesecake can be made without any problem up to 2 days before serving. Just cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest in the coldest part of the fridge (the bottom one).
Other cheesecake recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- Biscoff Cheesecake
- Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with Cookie Crust
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
Vegan Pistachio Cheesecake with Pistachio Ganache
- 1 cake tin (⌀ 20 cm, 8 in.)
- 180 g oat cookies ((6½ oz))
- 75 g vegan butter melted ((2½ oz))
- 600 g vegan cream-cheese ((21 oz))
- 80 g powdered sugar optional ((3½ oz))
- 180 g pistachio butter
- 250 g vegan white chocolate melted in a water bath ((9 oz))
- 200 ml vegan whipped cream whipped up ((9 fl oz))
- 80 g white chocolate ((6 oz))
- 80 g pistachio butter
- 50 g vegan cream ((1¾ oz))
- 40 g crushed pistachios optional ((2½ oz))
- Cover the sides and bottom of a springform (Ø 20 cm, 8 '') with baking paper.
- Place cookies in a food processor and grind finely.
- Add melted butter and mix until combined.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the springform. Place in the freezer.
- Add cream cheese and sugar (optional) to a large bowl and mix with a hand mixer until combined.
- Add pistachio butter and mix until combined
- Pour in melted chocolate and mix until incorporated.
- Slowly and gently fold in whipped cream using a spatula.
- Add the filling on top of the crust and smooth it out.
- Allow the cheesecake to rest in the fridge overnight or at least for 4-5 hours.
- The next day, place chocolate, cream and pistachio butter in a bowl. Heat over a water bath and mix until the chocolate has completely melted and the ganache is smooth and glossy. Pour over the cheesecake.
- Top cheesecake with crushed pistachios and serve right away.