Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf: Deutsch
Friends, I am so excited to share this recipe with you! It took me years to create and perfect it! I finally found the perfect way to make an absolutely delicious vegan roast beef!
This seitan roast beef is tender, flavorful, and has a texture reminiscent of a traditional roast beef! Yay! And no, I'm not kidding!
One of the main ingredients to make this dish is wheat gluten. Gluten is a protein thanks to which we can obtain a viscous and elastic dough. In addition, it is the gluten that allows us to create a meat substitute with a meaty texture.
Tools You'll Need For This Recipe
The recipe is super simple! To make it, however, you will need a food processor because the ingredients with which this roast beef is formed must be chopped very finely. In this way we will be able to form a compact and delicious roast!
Once the vegan roast beef is ready, we brush it with mustard (to add more flavour) and we brown it on all sides. As soon as it's golden brown, we add the white wine and the vegetable stock and cook it for 90 minutes over low heat, with the lid of the pan half closed.
Once cooked, we brown it one more time on all sides in order to create a slightly crispy crust on the outside. Et voilà! Our roast beef is ready to be served!
How To Serve
We can serve this dish with baked potatoes, sautéed vegetables, mashed potatoes or even a risotto Milanese. Also, I highly recommend blending the vegetables and cooking juices to create an absolutely delicious sauce, perfect to serve with our vegan seitan roast beef.
How to Store The Vegan Roast Beef
You can store it in the fridge or freezer:
- Fridge: Place in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 °C (340 °F) before serving.
- Freezer: Place in an airtight container or into a freezer bag and store for up to 1 month. Allow to thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating. Reheat in the oven for 20 minutes at 180 °C (340 °F) before serving.
More Delicious Recipes
- How to Make The Best Vegan Shredded Chicken (Tiktok method)
- How to Make The Creamiest Almond Ricotta
- Extra Tasty Vegan Kabobs with Sweet Curry Marinade (Grill Recipe)
- Crispy & Flavorful Chickpea Cutlets
If You Try This Recipe...
Let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciosuly or #carlocao on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
If you have Pinterest do not hesitate to create a pin by saving the following photo and follow me by clicking here !