This post is also available in: Deutsch
Are you looking for the perfect recipe to make coconut whipped cream? Than you're in the right place. This whipped cream is made with full-fat coconut milk and it's therefore 100% dairy free. It has the same texture and consistency as traditional whipped cream but it's lighter and totally vegan-friendly.
Here's how to make it.
Step 1: find the right coconut milk
Update 2022: In some countries you can find canned coconut cream, which is exactly what we need to make this whipped cream. If you find canned coconut cream in your local supermarket than you can jump to step 2.
When it comes to coconut whipped cream it's crucial to find the right coconut milk. We have to use full fat coconut milk with a smooth and creamy consistency. Also the coconut milk should not separate once chilled.
If it does separate scoop the upper part of cream into a bowl and discard the water at the bottom.
Step 2: Chill the can/carton overnight
If you want your whipped cream to form stiff peaks you need to chill the coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
The same applies to the bowl you're going to whip the cream in, chill it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before you start making your whipped cream.
Step 3: use a whipped cream stabilizer
If you want to be 100% sure to get a perfectly fluffy whipped cream add whipped cream stabilizer to your coconut milk before you start whipping it.
Step 4: whip it with a hand mixer
Whip it until stiff peaks form (5-10 minutes).
Step 5 (optional): place in the fridge
If you want your whipped cream to be extra firm place it in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving it.
Step 5: Enjoy it!
Use it as a topping for cakes, chocolate mousse, pudding, fruits etc.
Other recipes you might like:
- Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
- Biscoff Cheesecake
- Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with Cookie Crust
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust
If you try this recipe….
If you tried this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate the recipe and don't forget to tag a photo with #vegaliciously or #carlocao on Instagram or Tiktok!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the image below and follow me by clicking here 😌.
Coconut Whipped Cream
- hand mixer
- **2.5 dl (1 cup) coconut milk chilled overnight
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (optional) whipped cream stabilizer
- Place coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, chill a large bowl in the freezer for 15-20 min.
- Add in milk**, vanilla powder, sugar and stabilizer and whip using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form (5-10 min).
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge for 1-2 hours if you want it to be extra firm.
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here