Have you ever heard of coconut whipped cream? It’s a delicious whipped cream made from full-fat coconut milk. It has the same texture and consistency as traditional whipped cream but it’s lighter and totally dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
Step 1: find the right coconut milk
When it comes to coconut whipped cream it’s crucial to find the right coconut milk. We want to use a milk that’s full fat, smooth and creamy.
Step 2: Chill the can/carton overnight
If you want your whipped cream to be fluffy and light you need to chill the coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The same applies to the bowl you’re going to whip the cream in, chill it in the freezer for 15-20 minutes before you start making your whipped cream.
Step 3 (optional): use a whipped cream stabilizer
If you want to be 100% sure to get a perfectly fluffy whipped cream add a whipped cream stabilizer to your coconut milk before you start whipping it.
Step 4: whip it with a hand mixer
Whip it until stiff peaks form (5-10 minutes).
Step 5 (optional): place in the fridge
If you want your whipped cream to be extra firm place it in the fridge for 1-2 hours before serving it.
Step 5: Buon appetito!
Use it as a topping for cakes, chocolate mousse, pudding, fruits etc.
If you make this recipe, let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciously on Instagram! Buon appetito!
Coconut Whipped Cream
- hand mixer
- **2.5 dl (1 cup) coconut milk chilled overnight
- a pinch of vanilla powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp (optional) whipped cream stabilizer
- Place coconut milk in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, chill a large bowl in the freezer for 15-20 min.
- Add in milk**, vanilla powder, sugar and stabilizer and whip using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form (5-10 min).
- Serve immediately or place in the fridge for 1-2 hours if you want it to be extra firm.
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here