Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf: Deutsch
Are you looking for a quick and easy recipe to make a delicious vegan potato tart? Then you're in the right place! This tart is absolutely delicious, requires only 8 ingredients and is ready to serve within 1 hour!
This tart can be served warm (straight out of the oven) or lukewarm and can be either an appetizer or a main dish (in this case I suggest to serve it with a bowl of green salad).
Before you get into the kitchen I suggest you read this blog-post carefully. In fact, I will explain every step of the recipe and how to substitute some of the ingredients.
To make this delicious potato tart you will only need the following 8 ingredients:
- plant-based cream
- puff-pastry (most of store-bought puff-pastries are vegan)
- thyme (fresh or dried)
- plant-based butter
- plant-based sour cream
Hot to substitute ingredients
Now that you've seen what ingredients we need to make this potato tart maybe you're wondering how to substitute one of the ingredients.
I always recommend following the recipe to the letter to get the best result but I know it's not always possible. For this reason, let's take a look at the ingredients that can be substituted:
- plant-based sour cream: can be substituted with vegan greek yogurt or unsweetened soy yogurt.
- plant-based cream: can be substituted with 80 grams of cashews blended with 220 ml of water. The mixture should be completely smooth.
- puff-pastry: can be substituted with vegan shortcrust pastry.
- thyme: can be substituted with rosemary
- plant-based butter: can be substituted with margarine
Step 1: Slice the potatoes
To make this potato tart we start by slicing the potatoes finely. To do this I recommend using a mandolin and cut slices about 2 mm thick.
If you don't have a mandolin you can also use a sharp knife. The potato slices will not all be of the same thickness but the end result will be just as delicious!
Once the potatoes are sliced we set them aside and move on to the next step.
Step 2: Make the cream
After the potatoes are sliced we can make the cream. To do so, we add plant-based cream, nutmeg, thyme, salt and pepper to a bowl and whisk until combined.
Once combined, we set it aside and move on to the next step.
Step 3: Assemble the tart
Once the cream is ready we can start assembling the tart.
To do so we unroll the puff pastry and cover the bottom and sides of a tart tin with the diameter of 24 cm with it. Next, we spoon the sour cream onto the pastry and we spread it evenly.
Then we layer the potatoes in little stacks and place them upright onto the layer of sour cream.
Finally, we top the potatoes with the cream and sprinkle some freshly ground black pepper on top.
Step 3: Bake the tart
Once the tart is assembled we place it in the middle of the oven and bake it for 40 minutes or until golden and crispy.
Step 4: Serve the tart
Finally, we can take the tart out of the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes and then cut it in slices and serve it right away.
How to store the potato tart
If you have left over tart don't throw it away. You can place it into an air-tight container and store it in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
If you want to store it for longer, you can wrap it in cling film and freeze it for up to 2 months. In this case allow it to thaw over night before reheating it.
How to reheat
I recommend reheating the tart in the oven. To do so, preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F), once hot bake the tart for 10 minutes until warm and crispy.
More recipes you may like:
- Sesame crusted Mushroom Pie
- Vegan Chickpea Nuggets
- The Ultimate Vegan Wellington
- Vegan Chickpea Cutlets
If you try this potato tart….
Please let me know! Leave a comment, rate the recipe and don't forget to tag a photo with #carlocao or #vegaliciously on Instagram or Tiktok.
Feel free to pin the image below and if you want to follow me there, feel free to click here 😌
Vegan Potato Tart with Sour Cream and Thyme
- 1 kg potatoes
- 200 ml plant based cream
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet puff pastry round, vegan
- 180 g plant based sour cream
- 50 g plant based butter
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C (400 °F)
- Slice the potatoes thinly (2 mm thick) using a mandolin. Set aside.
- Add cream, nutmeg, garlic and thyme to a bowl, mix until combined. Set aside.
- Unroll puff pastry and cover the bottom and sides of a tart tin (⌀ 24 cm)
- Scoop sour cream onto the pastry and spread evenly.
- Layer potatoes in little stacks. Place stacks upright onto the sour cream layer.
- Pour the cream mixture on top.
- Sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper and top with butter flakes.
- Bake in the center of the oven for 40 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve straight away.
Leave a Reply