This post is also available in: Deutsch
Are you looking for a recipe to make delicious vegan mushroom pasta? Then I have the perfect recipe for you! This pasta is made in 20 minutes, with less than 10 ingredients and is super delicious!
I've tested this recipe a bunch of times with family and friends and it's always been a huge hit! So have no doubts, everyone will love it!
Before you get in the kitchen to make this recipe, I recommend you read this blog-post carefully to understand every step of the recipe.
You'll need the following ingredients to make this vegan mushroom pasta:
- vegan pasta (I used the plant-based fetuccine from V-Love)
- vegan cream (I used the Plant-Based Cuisine from V-Love)
- mushrooms (portobello, porcini, chanterelle or morels)
- vegan butter or olive oil
- vegetable stock
You can use any mushrooms you like to make the vegan mushroom pasta sauce. I recommend using champignons, porcini, chanterelle or morels.
You can use either fresh or dried mushrooms, in which case soak the mushrooms in a little warm water. Once the mushrooms have rehydrated, squeeze them out and follow the recipe as described below. Use the water you used to rehydrate the mushrooms to make the vegetable stock.
One of the main ingredients for making this vegan mushroom sauce is vegetable cream. In case you can't find it, I recommend blending 80 g of cashews with 250 ml of water until you get a lump-free mixture that you can use instead of vegetable cream.
Step 1: Sauté onion and garlic
We start by making the mushroom sauce.
First we heat the butter in a skillet over medium high heat. Once melted we add onion and garlic and cook them until soft. Once soft we can go on to the next step.
Step 2: Stir in mushrooms
Once the onion and garlic are soft and fragrant we can add in the sliced mushrooms and cook them until golden brown.
Then we add in the marsala or white wine and we let the sauce simmer until the wine has completely evaporated.
Step 3: Pour in cream
Finally we add in plant-basted cream, adjust salt and pepper and allow the sauce to cook for another 2-3 minutes until thick and creamy.
Before serving we can top the sauce with chopped parsley and more freshly ground black pepper.
Step 4: Cook pasta
Once the sauce is ready we can cook it until it is al dente and then serve it immediately with the sauce.
How to store the sauce
If you have any left over pasta with mushroom don't throw it away. You can place it in an air-tight container and store it in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
I do not recommend to freeze it.
How to reheat
If you want to reheat this vegan pasta with mushroom sauce, place it in a saucepan, add a dash of unsweetened soy milk and reheat over medium heat until warm.
- Sesame crusted Mushroom Pie
- Vegan Chickpea Nuggets
- The Ultimate Vegan Wellington
- Vegan Chickpea Cutlets
If you try this pasta with mushroom sauce….
Please let me know! Leave a comment, rate the recipe and don't forget to tag a photo with #carlocao or #vegaliciously on Instagram or Tiktok.
Feel free to pin the image below and if you want to follow me there, feel free to click here 😌
Vegan Mushroom Pasta (Easy & Quick)
- 50 g vegan butter ((1¾ oz))
- 1 small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 400 g mushrooms sliced ((14 oz))
- 150 ml vegetable stock ((⅗ oz))
- 2 tsp starch dissolved in little cold water
- 300 ml vegan cream (1⅕ cup))
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley chopped
- 400 g plant-based fettuccine ((14 oz))
- bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- For the sauce, heat butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in onion and garlic and cook until soft.
- Stir in mushooms and cook until golden brown.
- Add in vegetable stock and starch and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Pour in cream, adjust sale and pepper and top with parsley.
- Cook pasta until al dente, drain and add to the sauce. Mix and serve right away.