Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf: Deutsch
Hi everyone! Finally the time has come to post the recipe of this delicious Vegan Flan Cake.
This recipe does not follow the traditional flan recipes, in fact I added cacao butter and cornstarch for a more delicate and creamier result.
The addition of cacao butter also gives a touch of flavor that is vaguely reminiscent of white chocolate, so if you are passionate about white chocolate this flan is definitely for you!
Can I replace or make the flan without cacao butter?
Unfortunately no, cacao butter is essential for the flavor and texture of this flan. Omitting it would make it less rich and take away that nice white chocolate flavour.
What mold should I use?
Any pudding mold with 1 liter capacity will work just fine. If you want to get the "cake-shape" use a cake mold.
If you want to be extra you can top your vegan flan cake with some coconut whipped cream. If so check out my guide on How to make the fluffiest Coconut Whipped Cream.
More dessert recipes
- Double-Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake – a delicate Fall dessert
- Butter Beans Brownies – chocolaty, decadent, rich
- Italian Custard Tart – Torta della Nonna
- Banoffee Pie Jars – rich, crunchy & creamy
If you make this recipe let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciously on Instagram! Buon appetito!
Vegan Flan Cake
For the flan
- 8 dl 3.5 cups full fat coconut milk
- 2 tbsp cacao butter
- 3 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in little water
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- ½ vanilla stick halved
- 100 g sugar
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- a pinch of saffron
For the caramel
- 100 g sugar
- ⅓ cup water
For the flan:
- Place milk, cacao butter, cornstarch, vanilla sugar, vanilla, sugar and agar agar in a saucepan and heat over medium-high heat. Stir and bring to a boil, let it bubble for 2-3 minutes. Then add in saffron, whisk until incorporated.
- Take off heat, discard the vanilla stick and let cool. Meanwhile make the caramel.
For the caramel:
- Place sugar and water in a saucepan and heat over medium to high heat, cook until melted and golden (+- 10 minutes).
- Pour the caramel into the mold and tilt the mold to coat the bottom.
- Pour the flan mixture over the caramelized sugar and let cool completely, once cold set in the fridge overnight.
- To unmold, invert onto a large serving platter. Cut and serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here