Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf: Deutsch
This recipe for vegan chocolate truffles is perfection on so many levels and comes together in under 15 minutes! So… if you are a chocolate lover you MUST try it!
These vegan chocolate truffles are the perfect treat! They are silky, chocolaty, rich, luscious and super simple to make.
They also pair beautifully with a cup of hot coffee or tea.
The ingredients for this recipe are only 4: chocolate, salt flakes, margarine and coconut milk.
Since we use few ingredients these must be of high quality. It's totally worth spending some extra cash for some great chocolate, you'll thank me later, trust me!
For this recipe we use dark chocolate with at least 70% of cacao. Depending on the level of sweetness desired, it is possible to use chocolate with a cacao level between 70% and 80%.
The higher the cacao percentage the less sweet the treats will turn out.
Margarine helps us stabilize truffles and make them creamier. It can be substituted with refined coconut oil.
Do They Taste Like Coconut?
Short answer: No! The dark chocolate covers perfectly the coconut flavour. Therefore don't be afraid of using it. You'll love them, trust me!
How To Store
We can store the vegan chocolate truffles in the fridge or freezer.
- Fridge: Place the truffles in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.
- Freezer: Place the truffles in an airtight container and store in the freezer for up to 1 month. Before serving let them thaw.
More Delicious Desserts
- Italian Custard Tart (Torta della Nonna)
- Super Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Extra Fudgy Vegan Butter Beans Brownies
Leave a comment
Let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciously or #carlocao on Instagram!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here 😌
Silky Vegan Chocolate Truffles with Salt Flakes
- 150 ml coconut milk full-fat ((⅗ cup)
- 25 g margarine ((a little less than 1 oz))
- 300 g dark chocolate 70% cacao ((10 ½ oz))
- 1 tsp salt flakes
- 1 tbsp cacao powder unsweetened
- Line a 15x20 cm (6x8 inches) baking dish with baking paper and set in the fridge.
- Heat milk over high heat. Once hot, turn off the heat.
- Add in margarine and whisk until dissolved and combined.
- Stir in chocolate and half of the salt and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and allow to cool completely.
- Set in the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
- Take out of the baking dish and set onto a cut board. Remove the baking paper.
- Cut the block into 2x2 cm (¾ x ¾ inch) squares, cleaning the knife with hot water after each cut.
- Dust with cacao powder, sprinkle with the remaining salt flakes and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge (for up to 3-4 days) or freezer (for up to 1 month).
Leave a Reply