Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf: Deutsch
Are you looking for a tasty appetizer that is also easy and quick to make? Then these vegan fried mushrooms are perfect for you! They're super crunchy, satisfying and absolutely delicious! Serve them with some mayo or sriracha and you'll get the most delicious fried mushrooms ever!
This recipe is super simple to make. I used champignons but if you prefer to use another type of mushrooms you can easily do so.
Fried mushrooms are great to serve with almost any sauce. I recommend trying them with a tartar sauce, mayo, sriracha, curry sauce, ketchup etc. That said, they are also delicious served without any sauce.
To make these fried mushrooms you'll need the following ingredients:
- all-purpose flour
- onion powder
- fresh cilantro or parsley
- plant based milk
- 100 g panko or breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil for frying
Champignons are meaty, have the perfect size for this recipe and are easy to find. That's why I love to use them for this recipe.
If you want to make this recipe with another type of mushrooms these are the ones that I recommend using:
- Portabello Mushrooms
- Maitake Mushroom
- Enoki Mushrooms
- Beech Mushrooms
- Oyster Mushroom
- King oyster mushrooms (cut into slices)
- Porcino Mushroom (cut into slices)
I like to use panko when it comes to frying because it tends to be slightly more crunchy than bread crumbs.
That said bread crumbs work fine, so if you can't find panko you can totally replace it with bread crumbs.
You should be able to find panko in any supermarket. Look for it in the Asian food aisle or in the bread aisle. If you can't find it try in an Asian market, they'll have it for sure.
Be aware, most brands of panko are vegan, although it's best to double check the labels of each brand to be sure there's no milk added!
Step 1: Make the batter
This batter is the easiest thing to make.
All you need to do is placing flour, cilantro, salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic and onion powder in a bowl, add in water and plant based milk and whisk until lumps-free.
Feel free to add other spices if you want to! In case you don't like cilantro you can replace it with parsley or basil!
Step 2: Coat the mushrooms
Place panko/bread crumbs in a bowl.
Dip mushrooms in the wet mixture, then bread them with panko so that they're fully covered. Place the mushrooms on a serving dish and allow them to rest 4-5 minutes.
Step 3: Heat the oil
Heat the oil in a large pan over high-heat.
Once hot, deep fry the mushrooms until golden brown. Then remove them from the oil and place them onto a sheet of kitchen paper to remove any excess oil.
Step 4: Serve them
You can serve the fried mushrooms with any sauce of your liking or with some vegan Mayonnaise or Ketchup.
My favorite way of serving them is with tart tar sauce.
More delicious recipes
- How to Make The Best Vegan Shredded Chicken (Tiktok method)
- How to Make The Creamiest Almond Ricotta
- Extra Tasty Vegan Kabobs with Sweet Curry Marinade (Grill Recipe)
- Crispy & Flavorful Chickpea Cutlets
Leave a comment below
If you try this recipe let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciosuly or #carlocao on Instagram. Cheers, friends!
Pin this recipe on Pinterest
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin this recipe and to follow me by clicking here.
Fried Mushrooms Recipe (Vegan, Easy)
- frying pan
- 250 g champignons rinsed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp fresh ground pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley minced
- ½ cup plant based milk
- ½ cup water
- 100 g panko or bread crumbs
- ⅗ cup vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse mushrooms in water.
- In a bowl place flour, salt, pepper, turmeric, garlic, onion powder and coriander.
- Little by little stir in milk and water and mix until lumps free. If too thick add more water, if too runny add more flour.
- Place panko in a bowl.
- Dip mushrooms in the wet mixture, then bread them with panko.
- Heat oil over high heat in a frying pan. Once hot fry the mushrooms about 3-4 minutes on each side.Then remove the excess oil on paper towels and add more salt if needed.
- Serve immediately.
- Buon appetito!