Vegan Chickpea Nuggets
These chickpea nuggets are super delicious and so easy to make. All you need are a few ingredients and 25 minutes of time.
- 150 g chickpea flour ((5⅓ oz))
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 40 g all-purpose flour or chickpea flour if you want to make gluten-free nuggets ((1½ oz))
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 120 ml water ((4¼ oz))
- 50 g white flour ((1¾ oz))
- 90 ml soy milk or water ((3¼ oz))
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 100 g breadcrumbs or chickpea flour if you want to make gluten-free nuggets ((3½ oz))
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 500 ml vegetable oil ((15½ fl oz))
Put all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
Add water, mix with a fork until a dough begins to form.
Knead dough briefly, then set aside.
Dust a clean working surface with flour.
Roll out dough to a 1 cm (⅖'') thick rectangle.
Cut rectangle into 4 cm (1½'') wide strips.
Cut strips into 4 cm (1½'') squares.
Round corners of nuggets to give them a shape similar to regular nuggets.
In another bowl, add breadcrumbs and sesame seeds and mix.
Dip nuggets first in the batter (letting excess batter drip off), then flip in the breadcrumb mixture and finally place on a plate.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Once hot, add nuggets and fry until golden brown.
Drain nuggets briefly on a sheet of kitchen paper, then serve immediately.