Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch auf: Deutsch
This Protein Packed Banana Bread is one of my favorite snacks; it's healthy, fluffy, super tasty and in this particular case, protein-rich. YUM! This blog post is sponsored by Alver, the company that produces the wonderful Chlorella protein powder that I used for this recipe!
This recipe is also super easy to prepare, just mix all the ingredients in a bowl, fill into a cake tin and bake for 50 minutes. YUM!
This banana bread is also free of refined sugar, in fact it is sweetened with maple syrup (which can be replaced by coconut sugar). YUM!
To add protein to this banana bread, I used chlorella powder (for those who don't know, chlorella is an alga). Chlorella provides protein without changing the taste of the cake, which is still absolutely delicious. For this recipe I used Golden Chlorella from Alver, a Swiss company that produces healthy and vegan food.
If you make this recipe let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciously on Instagram! Buon appetito!
Protein-Packed Banana Bread
- hand mixer
- 450 g 16 oz bananas, very ripe
- 1.5 dl ⅔ cup maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 160 g 6 oz flour
- 2 tablespoons golden Chlorella
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 70 g 2.5 oz oat flakes
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecan nuts
- 1 banana very ripe
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
- Mix bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil, almond milk and apple vinegar in a bowl until the ingredients are well mixed.
- Sift the flour, chlorella, baking powder and baking soda into another bowl; then add the oat flakes, salt, cinnamon and nuts.
- Mix the wet mixture with the dry ingredients.
- Line a cake tin with baking paper, pour in the mixture and distribute evenly.
- Cut the banana lengthwise into two halves and place them on the mixture.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for the first 30 minutes and at 150°C (300°F) for the remaining 20 minutes.
- Remove the cake from the oven and sprinkle with the chocolate pieces.
- Let it cool completely before serving.
- Enjoy your cake!
Greetings from Florida! I'm bored to tears at work so I decided to browse your
site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the information you provide here and can't wait
to take a look when I get home. I'm shocked at how quick your
blog loaded on my mobile .. I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G ..
Anyhow, very good site!
Everyone loves it when people come together and share views.
Great blog, stick with it!