This post is also available in: Deutsch
This Quick Beetroot Hummus is my new go-to appetizer. It’s super creamy and perfect to serve with crispy bread, raw veggies or to be used as a spread on sandwiches. In case you need the recipe to be quicker you can buy cooked beets. Ah, just one more thing before we get started, be aware that this recipe is highly ADDICTIVE :P!
If you try this recipe, let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciously on Instagram! Buon appetito!
- 200 g beetroot raw
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the beetroots in half and boil for 10 minutes, then drain and place them in a food-processor. Process until creamy.
- Add in tahini, water, olive oil and lemon juice and process for another minute or two.
- Add in chickpeas, salt & pepper and process until creamy.
- Place the hummus in a bowl, top with more olive oil & pepper and serve with raw veggies or crispy bread.
- Buon Appetito!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here 😌