If you love pasta, pesto and garlic this Pasta with Wild Garlic Pesto is something for you! It’s super creamy, garlicky, and absolutely perfect to have with a glass of red wine.
Pesto has always been my favorite sauce. If it were for me, I would have it for breakfast, smeared on a slice of bread. My obsession has reached such levels that my boyfriend can’t even hear the word “pesto”anymore xD, which I can not understand because I believe there is nothing better than a sauce made of olive oil , walnuts and basil, right?
Wild Garlic has a very strong garlicky aroma and flavor, for this reason I decided to mix it with avocado, in this way the avocado does not only neutralize the garlic flavor but it makes the pesto super creamy.
If you try this recipe, let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciously on Instagram! Buon appetito!
Pasta with Wild Garlic Pesto
- 100 g wild garlic, fresh
- 100 g cashew nuts
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 400 g fusilli or pasta of your choice
- Rinse and drain the garlic.
- Place garlic, cashew nuts and olive oil in a food processor and process until creamy.
- Add in avocado and salt and process until combined.
- Boil water in a large pot, add in salt and cook the pasta until al dente. Once cooked, keep 1/2 cup of pasta water aside. Rinse the pasta and put it in a large bowl.
- Add in pesto and pasta water, stir and serve hot.
- Buon appetito!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here 😌