These Potato Gnocchi with Rosemary-Cheeze Sauce are not only quick and easy to make requiring 8 ingredients, 20 min of your time and a high-speed blender. They’re also healthier than 90% of the potato gnocchi recipes out there! I’m saying this because instead of making a (heavy) traditional cheese-sauce we’re replacing cheese with nutritional yeast.
In case you don’t know it nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that comes in the form of powder or flakes. The reason it’s so famous among people who ditch dairy is because it has a similar taste to cheese which makes it perfect to make dairy-free cheese-sauces or plant-based cheese.
The great thing about nutritional yeast is that it does not only taste great but it comes packed with protein, B vitamins and minerals. So now that you know what it is you might probably be wondering where you can get it, right? The easiest way to get it is buying it on-line (it’s 2019 after all :P!) but you’ll find it easily in any health shop and in a couple of supermarkets.
The Rosemary-Cheeze Sauce is super easy and fast to prepare. All you need to do is sauteing onion, garlic and rosemary for a couple of minutes, placing them in a high-speed blender, adding nutritional yeast, cream, salt & pepper and process until creamy. And voilà, the sauce is ready!
Regarding the Potato Gnocchi: I used store-bought gnocchi for this recipe, but if you have time you can of course make them yourself 🙂
If you try these Potato Gnocchi with Rosemary-Cheeze Sauce, let me know! You can leave a comment, rate the recipe, and don’t forget to tag a photo #vegaliciously on Instagram! Buon appetito!
Gnocchi with Rosemary-Cheeze Sauce
- high-speed blender
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 white onions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2.5 dl soy or oat cream
- salt & pepper
- 400 g gnocchi, egg-free
- Boil water in a large pot.
- Mince onions, garlic cloves and rosemary.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add in coconut oil and sauté onions, garlic cloves and rosemary for 5-10 min.
- Add in nutritional yeast and cook for another minute.
- Place the mixture in a high-speed blender, adjust salt and pepper, add in cream and blend until creamy.
- Put gnocchi in boiling water and cook for a couple of minutes (as described on the package).
- Drain gnocchi and serve them with the rosemary-cheeze sauce.
- Buon appetito!
If you have Pinterest, feel free to pin the following picture and to follow me by clicking here 😌